For UVA students, current and retired employees, affiliates, alumni and their families who want to maintain a healthy, active lifestyle, we offer state-of-the-art recreation facilities, programming, sports teams, exercise instruction, equipment and wellness services. Members have access to all recreation centers and receive discounted program registration fees.
Proof of Membership is conveyed by UVA Identification Card, UVA Rec membership mard, or by providing Student/Member validation information (ID#, e-mail, etc.). Photo identification may be required in addition to validation information for proof of identification.
Recreation reserves the right to end or revoke access if the student/members engages in rude, inappropriate, or disruptive behavior. Intentional submittal of false or misleading identification may result in the loss of access privileges and eligibility.
- Currently registered Full-Time UVA Students are automatically granted access through payment comprehensive student fees.
- Currently registered Part-Time UVA Students are eligible to purchase a membership.
- Ongoing UVA Students not enrolled in fall, spring, or summer classes are eligible to purchase a membership.
- Recent UVA graduates are eligible to purchase a membership immediately following graduation.
UVA & Medical Center Faculty, Staff, & Retirees
- UVA Faculty & Staff with benefits and Retirees are eligible to purchase a membership. Current full-time UVA employees are eligible for a $50 subsidy on annual memberships as part of their benefit package.
- UVA Alumni Association Life Members are eligible to purchase a membership.
- Employees of UVA Foundations and other organizations that directly support the University are eligible to purchase a membership. Affiliation verification is required.
- Sponsored visitors to the University are eligible to purchase a membership. Affiliation verification is required.
- Full-Time Students, Faculty, Staff and Alumni are eligible to sponsor spouses, plus-one, dependents and youth for membership.
- Current members and full-time students are eligible to sponsor personal guests by purchasing a facility Guest Pass. Youth Guests are only permitted during Family Recreation hours.
- Soliciting for sponsorship is not permitted.
- Guests are permitted to purchase a single-class Group Exercise Pass in addition to the Facility Guest Pass to participate in a Group Exercise class.
- Sponsors must remain with their guests and are responsible for all actions of their guests while utilizing recreational facilities.
- Departments have the privilege to sponsor guests without representation with advance approval from Business Services (JAG, Darden Executive Education, Madison House, Alumni Association, Office of Major Events, etc.)
- UVA Rec reserves the right to refuse admittance to guests.
Mysore Ashtanga Yoga
- Mysore Ashtanga Yoga is part of the Group-Exercise schedule and pass plan.
- Eligible Faculty, Staff, Affiliates, Alumni, Spouses, Plus-ones and Dependents are eligible for a trial membership which includes access to all recreation facilities and group exercise classes for the duration of trial week. Membership is limited to one per person.
Membership Payment Options
- Major credit card / debit card
- Payroll deduction (Full and Part-Time UVA Faculty & Staff)
Faculty, Staff and Alumni Membership renewals can be paid online with a major credit card/debit card.